Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cards I Don't Love to See in Love Readings (Part 2)

Here we go again! In my last post I discussed the Hierophant energy in love readings, and how it definitely makes me cautious. Today I thought I'd talk about the trusty 3 of Pentacles! What's wrong with this card, you ask? Nothing, really, it's a perfectly nice card…. in a career reading this is a great sign of project expansion, teamwork, appreciation, and indicates that the groundwork for a plan has been successfully lain - now it's time to keep on building!  When applied to a love situation, it would seem that a similar vibe would be true: love requires the focus and attention of the couple; the foundation of the relationship is set, and it's time to move forward toward mutual goals - or hey - maybe the couple even works together!

DruidCraft Tarot
Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm
Will Worthington

Yeah….but no. I'm not hating on this card, or denying the fact that in some cases it can refer to positive and uplifting teamwork in a relationship. I'm simply saying that in many cases I've experienced the 3 of Pentacles as a gentle warning that there's a third "something" involved in the relationship. This doesn't necessarily have to represent a third person, but it does represent some issue that puts pressure on the development of the couple. This could be an issue of jealousy, important responsibilities that could detract from time spent together, or it could simply mean that how well a couple's puzzle pieces fit together has yet to be determined. Perhaps one person is very interested in taking things to the next level, while the other is still trying to keep things a little more "open" for the time being. So while it's not at all a "bad" card, it always makes me hesitate and take a very careful look at the message that the rest of the reading is giving off. It usually indicates the need for increased dialogue about what each person wants from the union.

A final note: I work with reversals, and in these "Cards I Don't Love to See" posts I am referring to upright cards. I will have to write a separate post about the intricacies of those feisty reversals-vs.-uprights in the future :)

I am now offering a limited number of FREE dream symbol/nature symbol interpretation email consultations. If interested in this service, click here!

4 comments:

  1. I have never interpreted the three of pentacles this way. This adds another layer to the meanings I have already gathered in my tarot journal. Luckily it is digital so I will never run out of space to write

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea about an electronic journal! I have (probably too many) spiral notebooks that float around the house and are all disorganized. I try…it just doesn't work out to put things in order! I should consider the e-version ;-)

      Delete
    2. I use TreeDBNotes free edition. You can make all kinds of "trees" (tabs) which contain my notes :meanings, for each tarot card( incl pictures) and lenormand card, spreads, exercises etc.
      You can make a backup and/or export to all sorts of files. Anyway perhaps you want to check it out.
      http://www.mytreedb.com/treedbnotes_free.html
      http://www.mytreedb.com/view_downloads/m-goto/a-download/i-3.html

      Delete
    3. Nice, I'll check it out - thanks, Ellen!

      Delete